• andychalk

WINE REVIEW: Salustri 2018 ‘Marleo’ Rosso Montecucco DOC, Italy ($20)



by Andrew Chalk


Montecucco is in the south of Tuscany so it is no surprise to find that this wine is 90% Sangiovese (the other 10% is the obscure grape Ciliegiolo). Small wonder that in character this wine is a Chianti.


The tannins are still firm and the prominent acid level makes this a bracing wine to quaff without food. Combined with a pasta and marinara sauce, generously topped with cheese the tannin and acid levels are an advantage, making this wine shine through the strong food flavors.


Good value.



Sample


  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Instagram Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon
IMG_0728.jpg
About Me

Andrew Chalk is a Dallas-based author who writes about wine, spirits, beer, food, restaurants, wineries and destinations all over the world.

Read More

 

© 2019 by Blackheath Services, L.L.C. 

Join My Mailing List
  • White Facebook Icon