• andychalk

WINE REVIEW: Librandi 2021 Critone, Calabria IGT, Italy ($17)



by Andrew Chalk



TASTING NOTES


Appearance: Light straw;


Nose: Wet stone, Lime, white peach, Honeycrisp apples;


Palate: Chewy texture (maybe due to maceration on the skins), apples, lime. Medium-plus acid. No oak;


Librandi is an independently-minded winery. The lack of oak and early harvest appears to account for the chardonnay, at 90% of the blend, not dominating. Sauvignon Blanc is the other 10% and likely brings the vegetal notes.



Sample.


0 comments